Exide Technologies embraces its responsibility to operate in a manner that protects the health, safety and well-being of our employees, contractors, visitors, and those in the communities where we live and operate. Exide conducts business with integrity, openness and honesty – every day, in everything we do, and feels success is measured by more than just financial performance. As such, we commit to operate under the highest ethical standards and in strict compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and we hold our sites accountable for all aspects of environmental, health and safety. Further, Exide is committed to being a good corporate citizen who will be open with stakeholders and work within our communities to advance laws, regulations, and practices that safeguard the public. Our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management system reflect our values and assists in meeting the following objectives:
- Meet or exceed the requirements of national, provincial, state and/or local EHS laws and regulations. In locations where applicable laws and regulations do not exist or do not meet our standards, we will apply sound EHS engineering controls, work practices and management practices.
- Protect the environment by maintaining acceptable EHS standards and by making conscious business decisions that are good for our people, our communities and the environment.
- Set aggressive EHS goals to reduce and eliminate injuries, continuously reduce employee blood-lead levels, and minimize waste.
- Strive to build positive community relations where we operate facilities.
- Monitor emerging issues with respect to environmental, health, and safety aspects, keeping ourselves informed and up-to-date on regulatory changes and technological innovations.
- Make our commitment to environmental, health and safety an integral component to our design of products, processes and services, and of the lifecycle management of our products.
Each one of our businesses is responsible for implementing and complying with this policy, assuring that the proper human and monetary resources are allocated to create, implement and maintain the necessary programs to build the culture that will allow us to achieve world-class EHS excellence. Leaders and employees throughout our organization will be held accountable and measured on progress toward EHS excellence.
These are our commitments to EHS, and to creating a sustainable environment everywhere we operate.
Exide Technologies, “Exide,” is a global leader in stored electrical energy solutions, including batteries and associated equipment and services for the transportation and industrial markets. We are committed to providing world-class stored energy solutions that lead the industry in quality and performance, drive customer results and make a difference in people’s lives. Exide will stand for safety, innovation and partnership while providing a rewarding workplace for our employees.
Our business activities generate a substantial amount and variety of taxes. We pay corporate income taxes, stamp duties, employment, custom duties and other taxes. In addition we collect and pay employee taxes as well as indirect taxes such as excise duties and value added taxes. The taxes we pay and collect form a significant part of our economic contribution to the countries in which we operate.
Exide is committed to complying with tax laws in a responsible manner and to having open and constructive relationships with tax authorities. Exide supports efforts to increase public trust and transparency in tax systems and we engage with our stakeholders to build understanding and clarity of business tax consequences wherever we operate.
Exide’s core values of integrity, accountability and quality are supported by the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct. Compliance with this Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is required of everyone at Exide; our approach to tax aligns with this requirement.